- Membership is open to anyone who uses
one of the Microsoft Flight Simulator family or X-Plane.
Membership of the
commercial organisation By way of explanation - CIX was, at the dawn of the Internet age called Compulink Information EXchange, and was a free to use Conferencing system, similar to forums and long before the days of Social Media. Over the years it has developed as the World Wide Web has developed, and running forums is now only a part of its current commercial existence. This Club was founded by members of the original CIX Flight Simulator Conference, and uses the name CIX with permission.itself, is not a requirement.
- To be eligible for CIX VFR Club membership, (see Rule 3 below), applicants will need to have registered with one of the following on-line Virtual Air Traffic Control organisations,
- Applicants must provide the following information with their application: -
- Their real name,
- A valid email address,
- If a member of VATSIM, their VATSIM ID number, and
- If a member of IVAO, their IVAO ID number
- Their normal country of residence.
- There will be two categories of membership - Full and Associate.
- A member's Membership Category will be granted only by the Membership Secretary, and cannot be assumed by a member until confirmed by the Club.
- New Members will be granted Associate Member status until they have taken part in a Club flight, after which they will be promoted to Full Membership. Full Membership status remains as long as they comply with Rule 7 and Rule 16 and/or Rule 17 below.
- Full Members must take part in at least one Club Flight, as defined in Rule 16 below, or or file a COREP, as defined in Rule 17 below, every three calendar months.
- Associate membership will be given to anyone who wishes to maintain contact with the club, but is unable to take part in Club activities for any reason.
- Associate members who do not visit the forum at least once in any rolling 12 month period will be registered as dormant and will need to reapply for active membership. An email will be sent to their registered email address advising them that they will become dormant on a date included in the email. If no reply is received within 14 days from that date, their membership will be made dormant.
- Lapsed members may apply to rejoin the Club at any time. Where possible, their earlier recorded Club activity may be restored, but this cannot be guarranteed.
- Flights may be conducted under Visual Flight Rules (VFR) or Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) as the pilot wishes. Flights in Controlled Airspace must take place in accordance with the ICAO regulations in force for that airspace.
- Full Membership status will be reviewed each month. Full members who have not complied with the requirements of Rule 7 will revert to Associate Member status until they again fulfil those requirements.
- All members must comply with the rules of VATSIM or IVAO, as required under the terms of their memberships of those organisations; and the Internet.
- Copyright of any files made available for download from the Club web site or the Forum remains the property of the author, unless otherwise stated. Members must not make copyrighted material available for download unless they own the copyright or have the written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
- Members must always use the Club's full name "CIX VFR Club" in any communication with VATSIM, IVAO or other bodies, including the required comment in flight plans (see Rule 16 below). Abbreviations to "CIX" or CIX VFR" are not approved by the Club.
Members who wish to fly as pilots in Club activities must adhere to the following rules.
- A recognised Club Flight for the purposes
of Rule 7 must be conducted in a "Light Aircraft" as
defined below, except where specific permission has been
given by the Club Management for a heavier category aircraft
to be flown for special reasons,
and must meet at least one of the following requirements: -
- Be flown on either of the online networks VATSIM or IVAO networks, or connected to the JoinFS multiplayer platform.
- Be a training flight, flown offline in shared cockpit mode, or connected to the JoinFS multiplayer platform, with a Club Qualified Instructor.
- Be a 2-4-CIX Display flight flown with other members of 2-4-CIX in a Multiplayer Session or on VATSIM or on IVAO, or connected to the JoinFS multiplayer platform.
- Be a 2-4-CIX Training flight flown with other members of 2-4-CIX in a Multiplayer Session or on VATSIM or on IVAO, or connected to the JoinFS multiplayer platform.
- Be any other flight for which express prior permission has been given by the Chief Flying Instructor that it may be recorded as a qualifying Club Flight. A brief reason for the granted permission must be included in the comments box of the submitted PIREP. In addition: -
- For flights connected to VATSIM or IVAO, the Flight Plan must include the precise text "CIX VFR CLUB" in the comments section of the VATSIM or IVAO flight plan, in addition to any other necessary text, and
- The flight must be entered in the Club Pilot Reports (PIREP) system with the appropriate "Flight Category" (See the Pilot Reports page, Rule 4).
- For flights on JoinFS, or flights for which an exception permission has been given in accordance with 16e above, Pilots should include the purpose of the flight in the Comments box of the PIREP form.