Edinburgh airport is situated just off the M8 motorway, west of the city and South of the Forth Bridge in the east of Scotland. The CIX VFR Club is pleased to have adopted its virtual cousin as our sixth Roving Base location, from September to October 2012.
This chart show the Club's flying activity at Edinburgh over the last two years, as reported by our members using our PIREP facility.
Airfield charts and information are available from the
- ICAO : EGPH
- Elevation : 136 ft
- Located : 6 miles west of Edinburgh City.
- Runways : 06/24 2556m x 46m; 12/30 1797m x 46m
- Radio : ATIS=131.35, TWR=118.700, APP=121.20
- Nav Aids : ILS/DME: I-VG/I-TH 108.90
- VRPs : Arthur's Seat, Bathgate, Cobbinshaw Reservoir, Dalkeith, Forth Road Bridge, Hillend Ski Slope, Kelty, Kirkcaldy Harbour, Kirkliston, Kirknewton, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Philpstoun (M9, Junction 2), Polmont, West Linton
- Website : Edinburgh Airport.
Edinburgh Airport - Wikipedia.